Sunday, December 14, 2014

Review: VidOn Box

One of my favorite things to do after a long day is sit back and relax, while watching some Netflix, but now with the VidOn Box I am able to do so much more with my TV. The VidOn Box is a quad core Android box that basically turns your TV into a large Android system, giving you endless options for entertainment.

What are the features?
  • Quad core Android system with 1080P output
  • Supports 3D Blue-ray playback & full Blue-ray navigation menu
  • Runs on Android 4.4
  • Google Play comes pre-installed
  • Turns your TV into an HDTV
  • Automatically updates its software over an online connection
  • Connects easily to WiFi
  • First purchase includes a free 1 year VidOn Membership
  • Comes with its own remote
How was the installation?

I like to think of myself as a very tech savvy girl, in fact my whole family calls me whenever they need something put together or installed, so this installation was a breeze. **IMPORTANT** you do need to go out and buy an HDMI cable, this box connects to your TV using your HDMI cable, and this box does not come equipped with one, and I wish they would make that apparent online. To install this box simply plug in the HDMI cable to the box and your TV, plug the box in to the wall and turn it on. Turn your TV on and make sure it's on the HDMI input method and you should be good to go! This box took a while to fully power on the first time, and it took quite some time to update it's software once I connected it to my WiFi, but now it works great. I connected my Google account and downloaded all of the apps I wanted through the pre-installed Google Play Store. 

The only downside to this box is the keyboard that pulls up is a little touchy, I would recommend using an external keyboard it would make everything much easier. The VidOn box has been great to have, I use it in my bedroom and I am able to watch YouTube, Netflix, TV shows Online, or whatever is my hearts content. You can actually browse the internet through this box. I am very pleased. 



The VidOn box is a great inexpensive Android box to have. It has totally transformed my TV, and now I am able to have endless entertainment, I have had this for about a month and I have barely even scratched the surface of what this box can do. I would recommend it to anyone! Get yours below:



Image Map
I received this product for evaluation, but these are my own opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment